Re-discover some of the age-old techniques of food preservation and how they can create, innovate and inspire you in the kitchen.
This class does come with a health warning: once you have acquired the skills of curing & fermentation, it will become addictive.
A mixture of hands on, demonstration and plenty to taste.
Lunch and drinks will be provided.
We will discuss and make a selection of the following:
- Curing your own bacon/guanciale
- Gravadlax, pastrami-cured & beetroot cured fish
- Deydrating ferments & uses in cooking
- Cured egg yolk and uses
- Discuss garum & vinegars
- Make your own sourdough starter
- Relationship between foraging & preserving
- The advantages of preservation from a Chef’s point of view
- Show and tell nduja
Duration: 6 hours