Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- About these Terms & Conditions
- By using the Harts Barn Cookery School (hereafter known as HBCS) website and booking a class, a party or purchasing a gift voucher for the HBCS, you agree to accept these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Class Information
- The HBCS (also referred to as “we” or “us” in these terms and conditions) will provide the ingredients, all equipment and aprons for classes. In addition, you will be given copies of the recipes used during the class to take home with you at the end.
- The HBCS undertakes to provide the cookery classes for students with all reasonable care and skill.
- Cookery classes will be planned in accordance with our promotional materials; however, we reserve the right to make variations to the dishes.
- All classes are subject to availability and are on a first come first served basis. Bookings are not confirmed or finalised until you have received a confirmation email from us.
- Bookings may be transferred with our consent. We will make every effort to accommodate your request to transfer the booking to another date. Please contact us directly should you wish to transfer the booking.
- If you cannot attend a class you may send someone else in your place. Please let us know the name of the attendee in advance of the class.
- Classes tend to run in groups. There may be up to 12 students in your class. This may vary from time to time without notice.
- Party Information
- Parties are available for all occasions including but not limited to kids, hens, birthdays, bespoke occasions etc. Prices are based on an assumption of a minimum attendance of 10. Please contact us for more information.
- You may request a change of Party Date up to 28 days before the planned start of your party subject to availability.
- In the eventuality of a need to change the Party Date within 28 days and up to the Party Date, HBCS reserve the right to charge an administration fee over and above the full price of the Party.
- A deposit will be required to confirm your party. 50% of the confirmation fee is non-refundable within the 5-day period.
- You are advised to arrive 10 minutes before the specified start time of any class.
- When you book, it is your responsibility to ensure that the details you provide are correct. You must inform us of any changes to the details as soon as reasonably possible.
- Please let us know if you, or any of your party, have any food allergies – it is your responsibility to let us know of any allergies or intolerances. HBCS do their best to accommodate food allergies however we cannot be held responsible for any issues arising from not being informed in advance.
- HBCS actively encourages cookery for all ages. To attend a class on your own you must be at least 13 years of age or over at the time of the class. Children between the ages of 8 and 13 may attend kids only and family classes.
- There may be alcoholic beverages at some classes. The HBCS reserves the right to request photo ID as proof of age before serving alcohol. The HBCS abides by the Challenge 25 policy; see www.challenge25.org for more information.
- Photography and filming – please do not take photos or film anything or anyone other than yourself or your own work during the class. It is a breach of privacy and is very disruptive. If you do take photographs, be sure to wash your hands before touching anything in the kitchen. Occasionally on classes we have journalists or bloggers present who may take some photos but never of people’s faces without prior consent.
- Health & Safety
- We are not liable for any damage which occurs to clothing or belongings.
- Long hair should be tied back when in the kitchen. Appropriate clothing and flat shoes with covered toes must be worn by anyone attending a cookery class.
- Everyone attending a class will be given a health and safety briefing at the commencement of the class. By attending the class, you agree to: adhere to the requirements set out in the health and safety briefing; to comply with all instructions given to you by your class tutor; and uphold reasonable standards of cleanliness and behaviour.
- HBCS is not liable to you, and does not have responsibility for: accidental damage or injury resulting from the actions or omissions of Harts Barn employees, you or anyone attending the class; or any loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of contract or negligence.
- This does not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude our liability.
- HBCS provide lockers for the use of class attendees. All customers attending our classes are responsible for their own belongings and we accept no liability for any loss to damage to these.
- Prices and Payment
- Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, the price for the class(es) shall be the prices set out on the HBCS website. Prices are subject to change and may be changed at the HBCS’s sole discretion. All quoted prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking. Your place on any selected class shall only be reserved after full payment has been received.
- Payment can be made in the following ways:
- By Credit or Debit card please visit www.hartsbarncookeryschool.co.uk and follow the online booking instructions.
- By BACS to:
- Account Name – Harts Barn Cookery School
- Sort Code – 30-93-48
- Account Number – 46801660
Please quote name & class in reference details
- By Cheque made payable to HBCS
- By Gift Voucher please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make your booking.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations by us
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any class dates and if we do, we will do our best to notify you as soon as possible.
- If, for any reason, we cancel or postpone the class we will endeavour to rearrange the class on an alternative date within a reasonable period of time. If this is not possible, or you are unable to attend the class on a revised date, the full purchase price of the class will be refunded to you.
- Unfortunately, in these circumstances, we are not liable for and are unable to reimburse any additional expenses you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled class.
Cancellations by you
- If you cancel the class giving prior notice of five working days or less from the class date, you will still be charged the full fee for the class.
- If you request to transfer the class within a period of five working days or less, HBCS will endeavour to accommodate this request. However, no refund will be given and you will be charged an administration fee of £15 per person.
- If you cancel the class giving prior notice of 28 working days or less (but more than five working days) from the class date, the booking may be transferred to another HBCS class of equal value of your choice (subject to availability), but no refund will be given.
- If you cancel the class giving prior notice of more than 28 working days from the class date, you will be fully refunded the fee paid.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or limits your statutory rights.
Gift voucher terms & conditions
- HBCS gift vouchers may be redeemed against either a full day or a half day class at the HBCS booked by phone or online at the HBCS before the expiry date quoted on the voucher.
- Gift vouchers may only be used once. If the price of the cookery class(es) booked amount to less than the value of the gift voucher, any outstanding balance may be redeemed against other HBCS classes. These gift vouchers will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- Gift vouchers expire 12 months after purchase and, therefore, classes must be booked within this timeframe. After the date set out on the gift voucher, it will automatically expire. The HBCS is not responsible for reminding or informing customers when a gift voucher is due to expire.
- HBCS classes booked using gift vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the standard HBCS bookings, included the minimum age requirement.
- HBCS gift vouchers can be redeemed (a) by quoting the Voucher Code provided on the gift voucher if a HBCS Class is booked by telephone or in person (if the HBCS, in its absolute discretion, agree to accept such bookings in person), or (b) by confirming the Voucher Code by email if the booking code is made online.
- HBCS gift vouchers may not be used to purchase any other goods or services. Gift vouchers may not be exchanged for cash and are not refundable.
- Please notify us of any change in contact details provided as these will be used by us in all correspondence.
- We will endeavour to respond to any complaints within 5 working days. Please direct any complaint you may have to email@example.com or in writing to us at HBCS, Monmouth Road, Longhope GL17 0QD.