All you have to do is relax and enjoy the great food and service. Perfect if you are staying in self-catering; your own home or visiting the Forest of Dean. A romantic meal for 2 to a full blown party celebration.
- Our chefs use local ingredients, where possible. We also provide local wine, beer and ciders.
- We also provide ‘hands on’ tutorial type of dinner as some guests might like to chat and get involved but that is at the discretion of the chef and the guests. Guests can leave arrangements with the chef if they like to ‘dress for dinner’
What we provide
- Hire a chef provides: chef, ingredients, specialist equipment, service.
- We can provide other services such as setting out the table with linen, folding linen napkins, polishing the glassware and serving the meal if for 4 guests. For any more guests, the Chef, would require assistance from a waitress or guest.
- Evenings can be themed depending on culinary requirements
- Dietary requirements can be catered for if we are informed prior to the event.
Themes can include:
- Taste of the Forest
Or a menu of your choice.
If you would like to discuss hiring a chef please call us on 01452 831719 or email email@example.com
Home made wild garlic soup from our Taste of The Forest Menu
Here’s what some of our customers say about HIRE A CHEF
…We were staying at Wharton Lodge for my 50th birthday and the host there recommended to my wife for that extra “something special” why not contact Yvette at Harts Barn Cookery School as she also does personal cooking. Superb. What this translates as is on my birthday morning Yvette arrived at our accommodation a very personable 10am armed with all ingredients to cook us Eggs Benedict. Our very own personal Chef if you will.
SUPERB idea, superb service, superb food! And GUESS what??? My wife had also booked Yvette to return the following day to cook us a full evening meal! And with Wharton Lodges private little courtyards we were able to be treated like royalty! Yvette again arrived with full menu and proceeded to cook a truly spectacular meal prepared from scratch using all local FRESH ingredients! Such as trout (forgive me Yvette if I remember the fish incorrectly) caught and then smoked that morning by Yvette and made into the most wonderful paté. Main course local Forest of Dean BOAR cooked to perfection! Tasted DIVINE! Lovely little touches such as edible flowers accentuating the dishes. Dessert- Speech House Pudding (local historical house to be visited) – YUM! Oh and yes our black lab Stanley got to sample a little of each course too! Brilliant. Yvette also takes the time to explain all the dishes/ingredients but not too long to stop you tucking in! Go on treat yourself- DO IT!