This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and the website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Harts Barn Cookery School take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure that all necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Submitting your personal information
Whilst using the website or services of Harts Barn Cookery School you may be required to provide personal information (e.g. name, address, email address). We will use this information to administer our services. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing contact details, you consent to Harts Barn Cookery School contacting you using those methods in regards to your purchase or booking. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect information
Harts Barn Cookery School collect information in two ways:
1. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”). When you sign up for a class, purchase a voucher, make a booking, sign up to our newsletter, comment on our blog or communicate directly with us, you choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing forms. Providing all of this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
2. When you give us permission to obtain data from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”). Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information via other accounts such as social media, Groupon, Experience Days or another booking site or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
Why we collect data
On this website you can book a class or supper club, buy vouchers, sign up to our newsletter or submit a contact form message. You can also contact us by phone or by email. We require certain contact details in order to communicate with you about your booking or purchase and for us to be able to provide these to you.
What we use the data for and how
You will receive a confirmation email once your booking or purchase has been made and a reminder of a booking nearer the time. We may need to contact you to make any enquiries or changes to your booking or purchase.
How your data is collected and stored
All data sent through our website is encrypted via SSL. It is stored in the back end of our website via a secure password. We do not process payments via our website, all payments are processed via PayPal.
What we do to protect data
We handle all of our customers’ data in a secure manner. All data sent through the site is encrypted and password protected. Harts Barn Cookery School will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out any forms on the site or providing your information to us for any reason, to anyone.
How long we keep your data for
Harts Barn Cookery School will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold on to the information you provide either as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our customer services team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. For more information about cookies please see the ICO website here.
How people opt in or out to our mailing list
A newsletter sign up form is provided on this website. We have a double opt in for this, which means that once you have filled in the form on this website, you will receive an email asking you to click a link in order to confirm your subscription. This ensures your email address cannot be improperly used to sign up to our newsletter. Your data is only stored within MailChimp and nowhere else. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us or by clicking the link at the bottom of every newsletter labelled ‘Unsubscribe’.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself. With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
• You can verify the details you have submitted to Harts Barn Cookery School by contacting our customer services team. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your email address and possibly your address.
• You can also contact us to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Harts Barn Cookery School at any time. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes
• You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please email email@example.com.
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.