A beautiful and tasty Christmas Chocolate that needs no cooking!
By : Angela | Difficulty : Intermediate
• 150g/6oz plain chocolate
• Large can of condensed milk
• 100g/4oz butter
• 250g/10oz biscuits (rich tea, ginger, mixed spice or gluten free)
• 50g/2oz sultanas & chopped glace cherries
• Optional: sherry or brandy or whiskey (your preferred tipple)
• 50g/2oz plain chocolate
• Green and red icing
• Icing sugar
• Soak fruit overnight in your preferred tipple.
• Melt chocolate, condensed milk and butter together in a pan.
• Crush biscuits.
• Stir in biscuits and fruit into the melted chocolate mix.
• When thoroughly mixed, turn out onto a sheet of foil, shaping into a long sausage shape.
• Wrap the log shape tightly in the foil and chill in the fridge overnight.
• When chilled, unwrap, discard the foil.
• Cut off the ends of the log. The cut bits can be squeezed together to create smaller branch shapes for your log.
• Melt the extra chocolate. Spread over the log and create ‘bark’ using a fork while still warm.
• Make holly leaves and berries out of icing.
• When cool add your decorations and sprinkle log with icing sugar.