A seasonal favourite pudding
By : Harts Barn Cookery School| Difficulty : Intermediate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1.5hrs
• 400g rhubarb, cut into 4cm long piece
• 1tbsp lemon juice
• 175g sugar
• 125g butter
• 2 medium eggs
• 150g self-raising lower
• 50g ground almonds
• 85ml milk
• 1 tsp golden syrup
• 3 tbsp flaked almonds, browned and cooled
- Combine the rhubarb, lemon juice and 75g of sugar in a pan and simmer for 1-2mins.
- Allow to cool.
- Cream together the butter and remaining sugar with an electric whisk.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix together the flour and ground almonds and fold into the mixture while adding the milk. Alternate until fully incorporated.
- Grease a 900ml pudding basin and line the base with the rubarb, then drizzle with the golden syrup.
- Place the mixture over the top and smooth over.
- Cover the top with some greased tin foil.
- Place the basin in a pan. Fill half up the basin with water.
- Cover and simmer for 1.5hrs.
- Let the pudding stand for 20 mins before loosening it with a knife and turning out.
- Serve with custard or cream and sprinkled with the flaked almonds.