A simple to make, foraged risotto with subtle flavours
By : Harts Barn Cookery School| Difficulty : Beginner
• 350g/12oz of risotto rice
• 2 onions
• 70g/3oz unsalted butter
• 2 litre/3½ pint vegetable or chicken stock
• 50g/2oz nettles-small leaf
• 150g/5oz fresh shitake mushrooms
• 120g/4oz dried porcini mushrooms
• Parmesan cheese
1. Soak the porcini mushrooms in 2 cups of warm water for ½ hour beforehand.
2. Chop onions and place in fry pan with butter.
3. Cook until onions are soft and golden.
4. Add rice and toss for 3 minutes.
5. Add one ladle of stock, stir constantly on medium flame, until the liquid is absorbed. Continue this process of adding 1 ladle of liquid and stirring for 10 minutes.
6. Add nettles, stir cook for 5 minutes then add porcini and shiitake mushroom and soaking liquid.
7. Cook until rice is al dente, approximately 18 minutes in total.
8. Transfer to a plate and serve with grated parmesan.
Preparation and cooking time 1hr